Texcell-North America’s mission is to improve lives by supporting global therapeutic innovations. This growing company located in Frederick, Maryland has an immediate opportunity for the position of a Contractor Sales Associate – West Coast Territory. The Sales Associate will be located in and will be responsible for the West Coast of North America and will be tasked with developing excellent relationships with the Texcell team and clients to bring in projects and drive them to fruition. This position is a 1099 contractor position and is not eligible for company benefits. The position will require traveling up to 50% and offers the ability to work partially from home.
- Completes sales-related and marketing administrative projects that include running sales reports, conducting research on company contacts, and maintaining client database
- Establishes, cultivates, grows client portfolio
- Responsible for setting and managing client expectations
- Achieves yearly sales goals
- Assists in determining margins and pricing
- Develops sales projections/forecasts
- Completes quotations for client project scopes
- Represents company at conferences and exhibitions
- Updates website and literature
- Develops new business opportunities in target areas
- Coordinates the assigned portfolio across multiple global operational sites (US, France) to ensure consistency of the service offering and customer experience
- Responsible for driving innovation
- white papers/poster presentations
- collaborative initiatives
- Assists in writing and editing marketing materials, which include articles, presentations, and flyers
- Provides assistance in creating and updating the campaign list
- Ensures projects are kept on track to client satisfaction
- Works under close supervision from supervisor or management personnel
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- 1-3 years of relevant life sciences industry experience or equivalent scientific service model sales experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Biological Sciences or other science related field AND/OR equivalent experience in sales or marketing in biotechnology
- Currently located in the West Coast, preferably San Francisco or San Diego
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of Key Competitor Market
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Possess skills in project management and time management
- Excellent written and mathematical skills
- Possess awareness of organization, its offerings and customer trends
- Ability to work under tight and fluctuating deadlines
- Cell culture and cell-based assays knowledge preferred
- Virology knowledge preferred
- Cell banking knowledge preferred
- Effective multi-tasking skills and time management required
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly
- Proficient in oral & written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends as travel schedule dictates
Texcell – North America, Inc. Overview
One of the services offered at the Texcell facility is GLP-compliant Viral Clearance testing that is performed to support of biopharma/biotech regulatory applications submitted to the FDA and other regulatory authorities. As a global organization, Texcell has conducted over 8,000 viral clearance evaluations world-wide.
The majority of viral clearance studies are performed in collaboration with large to medium-sized biotherapeutic industry leaders and government contracts. The data generated by Texcell has been used to support IND/NDA filings.
Our knowledgeable scientific staff has performed viral clearance evaluations for a range of purification steps including chromatography, filtration, and inactivation methods as well as evaluations of column age and sanitization/cleaning efficacy. Key personnel have a combined history at Texcell of more than 40 years of viral clearance experience.
In addition, Texcell provides custom cell culture services from clonal selection and cell line expansion to cGMP cell banking.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.